Preparing the articles of incorporation

What are the Articles of incorporation?

Articles of incorporation also referred to as the certificate of incorporation or the corporate charter, the existence of a corporation in the United States and is filed with the Secretary of State.

The articles of incorporation outline the governance of a corporation along with the corporate bylaws and the corporate statutes in the state where articles of incorporation are filed.

The articles of incorporation typically include the name of the corporation, the type of corporate structure (e.g. profit corporation, nonprofit corporation,), the registered agent, the number of authorized shares, the effective date, the duration, and the names and signatures of the incorporators. The state fee to file articles of incorporation for nonprofit corporation range from $0 -$125.

What is an EIN? (Federal Employer Identification Number)

An EIN, or Federal Employer Identification Number, is a numeric identifier for businesses. Much like a Social Security Number, it is a 9-digit number assigned by the Internal Revenue Service is required for the application for tax-exempt status as a
501(c)(3) organization. The EIN becomesPermanently associated with your organization. It is required of all organizations, both for-profit and
Nonprofit entities operating in the United States for the purposes of identification.
You must have this EIN number in order to file your organization’s tax return.

Do You Have to Have an EIN Number to Open a Business Checking Account?

If the company wants to open a business bank account. Banks requires businesses to bring EINs and copies of the business formation documents ( Articles of incorporation) to open an account.